Cinnamon-Maple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds.
- •Gather up your ingredients:1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- •Scoop the seeds from your pumpkin. Remove orange strings and pumpkin bits. Transfer seeds to a colander and rinse thoroughly, 2 or 3 times.Pour onto a baking sheet in a single layer and pat dry with paper towels. Let seeds dry until they are no longer shiny and are dry to the touch, about 1 hour.
- •Preheat oven to 375F.Stir seeds with oil in a medium bowl. Transfer back to baking sheet and bake 10 min. Let cool 10 min.
- •On the sheet, stir seeds with syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake 10 min more, or until syrup clings to seeds and they are crisp. Sprinkle with salt.Enjoy warm or refrigerate in airtight container up to 1 week.
- •Originally published in Today’s Parent October 2016 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
- •Full Disclosure:I have not tried this recipe. I just think it looks yummy 😋.
- •If anyone makes them, please come back and tell me if they were good and how hard they were to make. Thank you in advance.