I CAN'T EVEN
My thoughts on X-Files season 10
- 1.That infuriating ending. The final title card promises that "this is the end". I went in to the 6 episode season anticipating a summing up of the show. I wanted a "happy for now" ending. I can't even verbalize the annoyance this season ending has caused me!
- 2.👽😒 Alien DNA. Really. Do you think I'm stupid? Episode one, My Struggle, seemed to forget all the previous decades that I had spent watching and loving this show.
- 3.I liked Episode two, Founder's Mutation, even though sibling experimentation is an overused trope in this genre of storytelling.
- 4.Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster was the best show EVER! Thanks for making me laugh all the way through Episode three. 🐸
- 5.Episode four, Home Again, caught me with a twist I didn't see coming. I thought the trash man was going to be a golem. Good on you! Then you made me cry by killing off Scully's mom. 😢
- 6.Babylon, Babylon, Babylon (Episode five) introduced new agents too like our titular heroes. Stop it. Mulder & Scully are one of a kind. Loved the tripiness, the country music, the cameos. Hated the same old same old terrorism.
- 7.Which brings us to Episode six, My Struggle Part II. Here we go again. Cigarette smoking man. The end of the world. Miller & Einstein. Mulder & Scully's son. 🌎
- 8.Alien DNA is all that can save us! Bring it! 👽
- 9.Overall, one great episode (3). One that made me cry (4). Two episodes (2,5) that had their moments and two episodes that made me feel dumb and talked down to (1,6).
- 10.Okay, fine. I'll probably watch whatever comes next in the X-Files universe but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.
- 11.Next time, more family drama. Where's William (is he hanging out with Waldo)? 😜
- 12.And please, next time, don't assume that your audience is stupid and hasn't done their own research.
- 13.See point 1! 🙈🙉🙊