Already on li.st? Open in app.
I teach first grade. Sometimes it's hilarious.
- •We were learning about Independence Day.The hearts make it. 💕
- •Letters to parents. You are the best *cook* 😶
Inspired by @BWN_7 et al. Spanning two countries and three states. From my earliest memory (3 years old) to present day, minus the brief period where we lived in Canada. I honestly don't remember it.
- 1.Landsman AveOur first house in America; filled with furniture (and toys!) donated by the church who sponsored my dad to come from the Philippines.
- 2.Wind Tree DrMy dad and uncle built a "playground" in the backyard which were basically two platforms connected by monkey bars; constantly covered in fish scales because my grandfather would clean fish out there.
- 3.Harrison AveWe lived in two houses on this street, consecutively. One was a two story duplex and the other was a single family detached with a sauna in the bathroom. The two houses were owned by the same landlord and shared a huge backyard that we loved.
Inspired by @ListPrompts / 10 Books (Filter:novels) that I could read over and over no matter what; roughly in the order I discovered them.
- 1.True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by AviIntroduced me to kick-ass female protagonists and the historical fiction genre.
- 2.Wild Magic by Tamora PierceThis author opened up my world to the fantasy genre. Loved this series and Song of the Lioness. So good.
- 3.Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingAnd the rest of the series, of course. Introduced me to the wonder world of fan fiction.
Inspired by @Veronique
- •Watching sex scenes in movies/TV shows while in the same room as my parents.I'm 28, married with a kid, and this still makes me uncomfortable. Like watching "Outlander" with my parents? Forget about it.
- •BloodThe worst.
- •Meeting people for the first time and having to make small talk.Ugh, 😭🔫
- •Any interaction involving the giving or receiving of gifts/money.This covers a lot of different scenarios. I'm just socially awkward.
Let's be honest-- it's 12 pics of my daughter. Inspired by @ListPrompts.
- •JanuaryOn the 8th, my daughter was born (a week late!) ❤️👶🏻
- •FebruaryMy husband pulls double duty.
- •MarchThe best 28th birthday gift.
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •Stay up waaaay past midnight.
- •Read without proper lighting.Often waaaay past midnight.
- •Mess with my phone while driving.I know, I know! I'm terrible. 😞
I'm Filipino. I thought I looked Filipino... Inspired by @kristiechua
- •ChineseThe kids in my small, small town growing up did not know what my bros and I were. We were also called Chinese racial slurs. 😑
- •MexicanCuz I'm tan? The Philippines is the Mexico of Asia, guys!
- •WhiteTo be fair, my students who guessed this were first graders who lived in a pretty isolated project housing development. They didn't know of ethnicities outside of black and white.
- •Light-skinned blackThey really didn't know any better. It was a teaching moment. I pulled out a globe and everything. 🌎 👌🏼
I would be the most responsible rich person! ☺️
- •10% off the top donated to charity of choice.
- •Pay off student loans.
- •Pay off car and house loans.
Inspired by @ilana
- •This girlrules me.
- •#lifegoalsScreenshot from Pinterest and sent to my husband. If the wall above my couch looked like this, everything will be okay.