How am I replacing alcohol this month?
I gave up alcohol for October. Here's what I'm drinking instead.
- •Yogi Lemon Ginger TeaSooooooo much of this. Every evening when I think wine would taste good. I love it. But not as much as I love wine.
- •WaterThe original. I normally drink a lot. Now I'm drinking even more.
- •Ginger aleOut at a bar when you have to get *something*.
- •Homemade ginger/turmeric teaY'all, do you know about the miracle that is turmeric? Sooooo good for your immune system. I just chop up peeled ginger and turmeric and boil them until I feel like stopping (usually about 20 minutes) and then I drink the elixir plain or with honey and/or lemon.
- •SmoothiesAlso homemade, with greens, celery, almond milk, frozen fruit, fresh banana, coconut oil, ginger, turmeric, lemon juice, and sometimes chia seeds.
- •Yes, this is a lot of ginger. No, I don't have particular digestive issues. But I'm gonna have the most beautiful digestive system of my life after this month.
- •Also, my birthday and my anniversary are this month, so I get to cheat twice. Brilliant planning!