Why showering is one of the best parts of my day
requested by @littlegreen
- 1.It's warmI am almost always cold, but my whole body gets warm in a nice hot shower. In the middle of winter, it sometimes feels like the only way to warm all of my extremities is to turn on that faucet.
- 2.It's loudIn a pleasant, white noise/blocking out the rest of the world sort of way.
- 3.It's Me TimeNo one expects anything of me when I'm in the shower.
- 4.It's a free massageOn my neck, shoulders, back, and, during certain times of the month, uterus.
- 5.It's imagination timeMaybe this one is just me? As a kiddo, I was always playing make believe in the bath or shower. The washcloth was my fancy dress or magical cape or ninja mask. Now I get really major thinking done in the shower - singing inspiration comes to me from humming, I might pre-compose tricky emails, or maybe I make plans for the day or the *future*.
- 6.It's dangerousSee number 2 and number 5 and then remember Psycho. I think a little sense of danger in the monotonous activities of life is healthy and/or exciting.
- 7.It's soooo relaxingSometimes it's meditative rather than thought-provoking. Both are good.
- 8.It's a fresh startI don't know about you, but I am definitely a new person after every shower. Relaxed, revitalized, delicious-smelling. What could be better?