WORDS AND PHRASES MY GERMAN EXCHANGE STUDENT TAUGHT ME
- •Es ist schön, Sie kennen zu lernen.Which basically means it is nice to meet you, a phrase that I will be using when I meet her grandfather who, did I mention, does not speak a word of English? I am terrified.
- •GeschwisterSo this just means siblings, but how cool is this word?!
- •BesteckThis means cutlery, one word I learned in an entire conversation about words for German kitchenware.
- •UnterschenkelMeans lower leg, I learned this word through a German chant about parts of the body (think: head, shoulders, knees, and toes but scary)
- •HerumkutschierenFinally, my favorite word I've learned, it means "to drive around aimlessly" essentially, something that I do extremely often.