THINGS TO DO AT A TECH SUMMIT
I'm at the Upfront Summit in Los Angeles and I thought it was a pretend event but it's a real one.
- •Write notes to your friend about how bored you are but also how you feel like you are in a college lecture but not sure because you didn't go to college.
- •Stress about how your phone is dying and how it doesn't make sense that at a tech summit they don't have enough outlets
- •Complain about how all the snacks are weird sponsored snacks and that Pop chips are gross even though you once loved them
- •Never wear your badge or credentials so no one talks to you
- •Think everything is boring until one speaker really impresses you (CEO of Maker Studios is smart and very attractive in a boss like way)
- •Contemplate if having a business card matters because you wish there were still two way pagers that just beamed over info
- •Annoyed that the wifi isn't strong enough (again at a tech summit) and wish you could watch the new kanye west video with his baby north )
- •Feel so happy that you don't wear power suits but think it's so dope of women who do.
- •Feel grateful that being here feels like a day off from school and that my job is to learn from other people