Film Formalwear: Fancy Dresses From Movies I Really Want to Wear
Inspired by @brightlyanna and many others! Warning: this is extensive.
- •Audrey Hepburn's Gown in "Sabrina"Every costume in this film is perfection, but this is the dream.
- •Cyd Charisse's "Broadway Melody" Costume from "Singin' In the Rain"Come on! Look at her.
- •Lesley Ann Warren's "Cinderella" GownThe ermine! Yellow tights in glass slippers really tie the whole look together.
- •Scarlett O'Hara's Robe from GWTW
- •Julie Andrew's Wedding Dress from "The Sound of Music"
- •Katharine Hepburn's Dress by Adrian in "The Philadelphia Story"If you haven't seen this movie, you're missing out.
- •Faye Dunaway in "Network"70's Power Dressing at it's finest.
- •Nicole Kidman's "Pink Diamonds" from Moulin RougeObviously.
- •Ariel's Sparkly DressDeeply anachronistic but so good.
- •Gigi's White Gown from "Gigi"Shoulder birds! Nipped-in waist! Crescent moon hairpin!
- •Cher's Failed Driving Test/I Love Josh Realization OutfitThe film that spurred an unhealthy obsession with knee highs and high heeled loafers.
- •Sleeping Beauty's GownAlways blue (my sister always liked pink more!)!