Lines From Songs/movies/books That I Love
Please put some of your favorite quotes from any place!😀
- •Emily: That is the thing about the present, Emily Prime. You only appreciate it when it is the past.This is from world of tomorrow
- •Emily: I am very proud of my sadness because it means I am more alive.World of tomorrow
- •Emily: This is your future, Emily Prime. It is sometimes a sad life, and it is a long life. You will feel a deep longing for something you cannot quite remember. It will be a beautiful visit, and then we shall share the same fate as the rest of the human race: dying horribly.Also world of tomorrow
- •Emily: Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.World of tomorrow
- •No this is how it works You peer inside yourself You take the things you like And try to love the things you took And then you take that love you made And stick it into some SomThis is from the Regina Spector song "on the radio"
- •The piano is not firewood—yetFrom the song fire wood by Regina Spector
- •So break me to small parts, let go in small doses, but spare some for spare partsAlso Regina Spector
- •Maybe you should just kiss someone nicer, or lick a rock or both.Regina Spector from the song ghost of corporate future
- •Another Regina Spector one—-actually just do your self a favor and stop reading this list. Just go listen to some Regina
- •"It was an honor to emerge from your third generation birth canal."Suggested by @gwcoffey
- •"The ghost of electricity howls in the bones of her face."Suggested by @gwcoffey
- •"Never before to-day. In pictures and books, times enough of course. But I have seen several since the sunrise, solid real men, besides a horse or so—those Unicorn things you know, without horns—and quite a number of those grotesque knobby things called 'cows.'"H.G. Wells, The Wonderful VisitSuggested by @moonjockey
- •We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal. And when I meet Thomas Jefferson, imma compel him to include women in the sequel. Work!Angelica Schuyler, HamiltonSuggested by @imc
- •And In my best sashimi dress and marble arch supporting shoes I am a vision in my horse drawn tank.From the song riot gear by Regina Spector.