[🍗] BEST MEAT REPLACEMENTS FOR N00BS
Thanks @PeteOnEarth for the request! I originally considered rating different faux-meat brands but since I don't eat those very much anymore here are some less processed options! (I may go back and do that one later)
- •Veggie/non-meat burgersVeggie, black bean, tofu, sweet potato, portobello mushroom, etc. They're all good. And with such a vast variety of options you can't get tired of 'em
- •Black beansBurritos, tacos, nachos, etc. I honestly was never a big fan of Mexican food until I switched to vegetarian. Load up the veggies, rice, beans, and guac!
- •TofuThis one took me a while to get try, I'm not going to lie, but now I'm totally addicted. Baked is best but that's just my opinion. Add to stirfries, sandwiches, a couple folks even blend it up in their smoothies for an added protein boost! The possibilities are endless.
- •BeansThere are so many kinds of beans and thus endless possibilities. And they're cheap! A vegetarian's bff
- •TempeI haven't had too much experience with this but I believe it's similar to tofu.
- •CauliflowerThis gets a shout-out because it's honestly so underrated. There are so many meat-replica recipes that are based around cauliflower.
- •Veggies!!!People go vegetarian/vegan for numerous reasons. Personally, I wasn't a big meat-eater to begin with so I don't miss much of anything from my pre-veggie days. Doing some basic research about alternate sources of iron and protein as well as B12 supplements will make sure you're still getting the nutrients you need as they are plenty of plant based foods that will supplement everything you're getting from meat and more!