2016 Oscars Best Picture Nominees Ranked by ME
Inspired by @ErdySouth. We are a movie-loving family and I love talking about movies. I actually think some of my favorite movies from last year weren't nominated for Oscars, but that's how it usually goes. I have eclectic tastes. However, in honor of the Oscars, I have ranked the Best Picture nominees based on my preferences and enjoyment.
- 1.Mad Max: Fury RoadI remember seeing the previews for this movie and just thinking "What. The. Heck??" I went to it by myself just because I couldn't get the scary guy's face out of my mind. So there I was in the theater, and I was entranced. I. Loved. It. The cinematography, the story, the colors. Enthralling.
- 2.SpotlightI really liked this movie. Partially because I really dislike the Catholic Church, partially just because it was an interesting (albeit sad) story. Good acting and it takes place in my town.
- 3.RoomI actually wonder if I liked The Martian more than this movie. Oh well, I've already picked the GIFs. Anyway, this was a great movie. Loved the different point of view, the acting was great.
- 4.The MartianI saw this movie in Alaska and I really resonated with it. It's fun, interesting. Good flick.
- 5.BrooklynThis was a beautiful movie. I have an Irish friend named Ailish and that made me love the movie more. In addition, I loved how she wore the same clothes again. And it felt so right for the time period. Lovely.
- 6.The Big ShortSo I didn't love this movie like everyone else. It was good, but not as good as the others previously listed. I actually kind of didn't like all the interruptions. It felt like they were all staged for men.
- 7.The RevenantUgh I mean. Ugh. I GET that this was a well-made movie. I get it. But, seriously, I don't want to see real snot in a beard. I admit it, I could never have survived back then. And it doesn't mean I want to watch movies about it either.
- 8.Bridge of SpiesIf this was a Wikipedia page, I probably would've enjoyed it better. I thought Rylance was great, but the rest of it felt forced and would have been better if it hadn't been rated PG-13.