Artists My Parents Were Into
Alternate title: Red Flags, Ignored. They broke up five years ago but haven't divorced. Sunny Von Bulow got a divorce and she was in a coma.
- •William WegmanI still refer to this breed as "William Wegman dogs."
- •Peter ArnoSexual, cynical cartoons. They're funny, but they are also very ouch. Did you know in the 1920s it was possible to make a whole career on boob jokes?
- •Roz ChastShe did an entire book about the hell of parenting and how bad raising children is. My parents kept it out on their coffee table.
- •Diane ArbusIf my parents saw someone weird in public, they would nudge each other and say "I'm having a Diane Arbus moment." Not once did they realize that to everyone else, the Diane Arbus moment was them.
- •HoyningenThey had a huge framed poster of this and when people commented on it my mother would say she enjoyed the "sensual, erotic nature of the piece" which is why I've never enjoyed a single sexual experience to this day.
- •Wayne ThiebaudJust pictures of nice cakes. Jesus.