My Top 11 Songs for Spinning Class
Having taught Spinning for the last 5 years there are certain tracks which continually appear in my playlists. These are my top 10 as of now. Make it 11.
- •Everything In Its Right Place (Gigamesh / Discotech Remix) - RadioheadMy favorite Radiohead song turned into a smooth progressive house remix.
- •Unthinkable (Lenzman Remix) - Alicia KeysMasterful liquid drum and bass remix with the mesmerizing Alicia Keys. Fast song great for accelerations.
- •Numb/Encore (featuring Jay-Z) - Linkin ParkI know. I know. Top 40 cheese. But for some reason I love this in class. Great for hills. Something familiar for almost anyone in class. Explicit version of course (it's not too bad).
- •I Remember Shelter (Austin Eterno Mashup) - The XX vs. Deadmau5 and KaskadeBeautiful song combining one of my favorite artists with two of my favorite DJs.
- •The Baddest Man Alive - The Black Keys & RZAKick-ass song for climbs and a little self motivation. The RZA with a few motivational words for all.
- •Always Loved a Film - UnderworldOne of my favorite groups of all time. You could have picked any of their faster stuff and it would work. "Can you feel it...heaven, heaven"
- •Graceless - The NationalAnother one of my favorite groups. This song is mesmerizing. Nice fast ride through the country side at 173 BPM.
- •Never Let Me Down Again (Eric Prydz Remix) - Depeche ModeThis song always takes people back. This remix is a solid 7 minute ride.
- •Young and Beautiful (Cedric Gervais Remix) - Lana Del ReyI rarely have a class without having some Lana Del Rey. There are a ton of masterful remixes of her stuff. This one is my favorite. Get the 7 min version!
- •Gui Boratto - Beautiful Life"What a beautiful life." - Love this song at the end of class. Cooling down.
- •Mr. Brightside - The KillersHot Fuss was one of my favorite albums of the '00s. Somebody Told Me should also be listed here. Those songs always get the class excited.