Songs That Instantly Turn Me Back Into a Petulant and Moody Thirteen Year Old
I had a lot of feelings. This isn't necessarily just songs from 13. This is more ages 13-16. There are many more songs that can trigger this particular nostalgia; this is just a small sampling
- •Ghost of You - My Chemical RomanceThis song works very efficiently to turn back the clock. Suddenly, I have a very choppy hair cut and raccoon-lined eyes.
- •Reinventing Your Exit - UnderØathYou've got me up against your wall
- •Call it Karma - SilversteinThe song dedicated to that one person You Just Can't Quit but you have to because soon you'll be going to different high schools
- •The Truth About Heaven - Armor for SleepWhere did these striped arm warmers come from? How did these converse get on my feet??
- •Everything is Alright - Motion City SoundtrackBecause who doesn't love a neurotic and petulant and moody teen?
- •Understanding in a Car Crash - ThursdayI was so complex
- •Cute without the "E"/Cut from the Team - Taking Back SundayYOUr LIPSTICK HIS COLLAR DON'T BOTHER ANGEL I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT GOES ON
- •Tiny Vessels - Death Cab for CutieBECAUSE I WAS A LOVER SCORNED
- •Calling All Cars - Senses FailBecause I was also a heartbreaker
- •The Ponytail Parades - EmeryWHERE did this white studded belt and fishnet top come from????
- •Miserable at Best - Mayday ParadeMy inner 15 year old is being stabbed to death with a carve-your-own-pumpkin kit
- •Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on the Creek - Chiodos