Already on li.st? Open in app.
I think I may not remember all the advice I've received since I generally either take it or dismiss it immediately. Here are four I actually took to heart and pass on.
- 1.Marry up. [My Dad]
- 2.If you want to teach college mathematics, study mathematics. You can learn how to teach it only after you really know the subject. [paraphrase of advice from Dr. Phil Almes when I was contemplating my graduate program]
- 3.You can't talk your way out of a problem you behaved your way into. [Dr. Herb Grover]
- 4.First rate people hire first rate people; second rate people hire third rate people. [Dr. Herb Grover]
They suck me in and I can't explain why.
- •Shawshank Redemption
- •Starship Troopers
- •Love Actually
Trying out this new list app. HT:Kaiser
- 1.Zachary will insist on a family outing including a snow ball fight and sledding. (I'd rather be warm, dry, and indoors)
- 2.Snow ice cream. (How clean is that snow, really?)
- 3.What if the power goes out and I can't binge on Netflix?