Favorite Books Read in 2016
- •The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James BrownTrue story of the 1936 rowing team at the Berlin Olympics. Inspiring and amazingly written.
- •Armand Gamache series by Louise PennyConsistently great. Characters are endearing and every book keeps me on my toes.
- •A Man Called Ove by Fredrik BackmanMy first Backman novel and I've already bought the rest to read in 2017. I laughed, cried, and loved every second.
- •Mary Tudor: Princess, Bastard, Queen by Anna WhitelockRead for a book report but was so engrossing I read it in one go.
- •The Shepard's Life by James RebanksI love books about everyday lives that are very different than mine. Made me want to become a Shepard.
- •The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel BarberyRecommended by my French teacher from high school. Very good and really makes you think.
- •My Life in Paris by Julia ChildWritten by her nephew from the stories she told him. Her life was such a whirlwind and I'm looking forward to the books she wrote when she was young.
- •Others:Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton Endless Night by Agatha Christie