5 OLD WNBA RULES YOU WON'T BELIEVE ACTUALLY EXISTED 🏀
- •No dribbling allowed.The single dribble finally allowed in 1913, but had a requirement that the ball had to bounce knee high.
- •No backboards are allowed.This rule was eliminated in 1906.
- •No coaching from sidelines during game — only at halftime.In 1951, players were allowed to receive coaching during all timeouts and intermissions. In 1968, coaching from the sidelines was no longer a foul.
- •A two-handed pass or shot is a foul.A bounce pass was made legal in 1918, and
- •Guarding is not allowed.In 1921, vertical guarding was made legal, and in 1932, guarding on any plane was made legal.