Did You Ever Fall in Love With a Stranger? I Did.
I do not believe in love at first sight. I don't know why this happened.
- •So one time this past summer, when I was in Bangalore, India...
- •My friend was driving us home on her motorcycle after a long day of shopping so we were just kinda quiet from being tired and happy about our loot....
- •And we hit a lot of traffic so we were just trudging along this street in busy India on an evening...
- •When we drove past a guy.
- •In gym clothing. Casually had his sling bag over his shoulder.
- •With PHENOMENAL facial hair.We are talking like the perfect amount of beard, maintained and executed so well. A mean mustache. It was a "I'm sexy and I know how to kiss without letting it bother you" mustache, not a "I used to make porn movies to get through college" one.
- •He was a wonderful height.
- •And his thighs were chiseled.I mean I'm sure his whole body was, but he had clothes on. I know, I'm sorry too.
- •At this fleeting moment as we were driving by, we made eye contact.It was the most spine-tingling eye contact I have ever made in my life.
- •I can't tell you how electric that moment was. I turned my head around so I could stay connected, and he turned his head and stayed connected till the bike turned the corner.
- •It was like he looked into my soul, and me into his.
- •I DON'T KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN THIS.It was like my eyes took a screenshot at that moment. It was quite the thrilling, breathless second.
- •Is this normal? Am I alone in this?
- •Point of the matter is: it's normal to notice strangers for their appearances, especially if it aligns with your taste. But to look at them and see them 1) feel the same way, and 2) feel a connection, with no words, no gestures, nothing, is a beautiful thing.