How I Know I've Grown Up
I deserve a medal, clearly.
- •I look forward to coming home, more and more for family, less and less for food and good laundry machines.
- •The fact that less home visits have to do with food might be a strong indicator of me upping my cooking game.
- •I don't try to stay in touch with my exes/live in a world where I believe exes can be true friends.
- •I know better how to differentiate between what is my fault/responsibility and what's not on me, no matter how much someone may want me to believe it is.
- •I give less and less fucks about shit that's out of my hands.
- •I practice more self control over my emotions. I know better what battles to pick.
- •I am completely independent. I don't even rely on the person I live with to get things done. I am completely self-sustaining, financially and otherwise.
- •I watch more of what I eat and worry more for my health.
- •I know when to give up/decide that it's just not worth it.
- •I have no problem being the first to talk after a fight.
- •I don't remember the last time I lied about something important/something that affects other people.
- •I prefer solitude over socializing/I'm basically the human version of grumpy cat.