I Love My Tutoring Kids Even Though... Because...
- •They often don't fill out their planner like I ask them to and/or don't show it to me first thing when I walk in like it's expected of them to...Because they are just kids and list-making and organizing is a talent honed over many many years, like we all know.
- •They often get distracted or zone out and aren't as good at hiding it as they like to think they are...Because I would be hypocritical if I held that against them and also because that just means their creative juices are flowing.
- •They are never fully prepared by the time the session starts so they have to get up and go grab something or another...Because that gives me an opportunity to improve them and what am I here for, if not that.
- •They often want to tell me stories and try to get me off-topic...Because they like sharing things with me which can only mean they see me as a friend, not just as a tutor.
- •They often whine and become dramatic when they get denied something by their parents or me...Because it's only preparing me for the day I have one of these munchkins. God knows I have much to learn before that.