Stuff I'm Thankful for: 6/7
- •Christmas decorations.My roommate and I put up our tree and decorated the apartment today. I'm not Christian; neither is she. But we love being a part of the holiday spirit nonetheless. I have always taken pride in the fact that we are not only so accepting of other cultures and beliefs, but actually make an effort to be a part of them the best we can too. Also, I grew up in a Hindu household and in India, I was very used to decking the house out for Diwali. Since I can't put lit lamps here, Christmas is my makeover.
- •My roommate.She's also my best friend. It's true that you see a whole new side to someone when you live with them. There's a lot more to living with someone than the friendship you share with them outside of that space. It's been one heck of a ride to say the least, but I am forever thankful for her presence in my life. Also, she picked me up at a restaurant 30 minutes away from home today so my parents didn't have to drive too far into the city.
- •Gas stations that let you pee even if you don't buy anything from them.You da real MVP.
- •Candles.The apartment smells great, it's warmer in here (we are really miserly with our electric bill so we try not to turn the heater on; we give up halfway through winter), and the holiday spirit is only truly lit when you bring out those holiday scented candles!
- •Side note (not something I'm thankful for): I'm skipping class tomorrow because I didn't get any ish done this week like I was supposed to. Like I have nothing to show for it so I'm just gonna pretend like I didn't have to go and I'm hoping they'll pretend like I don't exist. I really had to get that off my chest.