Tasks I Would Assign to My Personal Assistant (if I Had One)
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •Nail maintenance.I'm physically incapable of trimming nails evenly, let alone filing them. I actually go to the nail salon and ask them for basic nail care, pay them $5-10, and accept defeat. I know, I'm lame.
- •Prepping meals.I love me some cooking, and I actually don't mind the prep part of cooking either, but I mean, what are personal assistants for, amirite? To make my PA feel needed, I would have them do the vegetable chopping, then waltz into the kitchen, and create magic.
- •Cleaning the bathroom.No explanation needed here.
- •Doing the laundry.The worst fucking chore known to man.
- •Dress shopping.While I love consumerism, shopping is a very moody thing for me. And I have never enjoyed dress shopping. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that I don't like taking pants off in fitting rooms. Because they require that shoes be taken off. And then that means my feet are on bare, public ground. Eww. Also, there's like, a bunch of stress that comes with shopping for a dress that doesn't apply to other items!
- •Making the bed.Fitted sheets are the bane of my existence.
- •Doing my hair.I have 3 hairstyles --- leave it down (brushing it is a subjective task, it may or may not happen), put it up with bangs down, and put it up with bangs up. I legit cannot do anything else with my hair, even though it has so much potential.
- •Returning items.Sometimes, when items must be returned, you have to make that trip to the store, actively walk in, go through the strenuous process of proving your existence so they give you the money back. Sometimes, you just gotta lounge in your pajamas watching reruns of Cake Boss while your PA does all that for you.
- •Asking people for my money.I don't like talking about money. And when it is you having to ask for your own money, it sucks even more. I am that person who waits it out for as long as I can, hoping that person is courteous enough to offer up my money to me, but they mostly never are. Such discomfort, much annoyance.
- •Hanging up picture frames/decor.The aligning. NO.
- •Mopping the floor.I just hate it. I don't mind vacuuming, but the mopping. Ugh.
- •Wrapping gifts.When I gift you, it will always be in a bag with cute tissue paper, even if that means it cost me $4 more. When I get a PA, this will not be the case.