The Coolest Cats at the 2016 Oscars
- •Sharmeen Obaid-ChinoyFor being a woman, a representative of the often misunderstood Muslim community, a representative of Pakistan, and a total fucking badass. For A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness.
- •Alejandro González IñárrituFor representing the Native American communities, for beautifully presenting the importance of nature, and for earning Leonardo his Oscar.
- •Lady GagaFor speaking through her astounding performance for and with the sexual abuse victims.
- •Leonardo DiCaprioFor winning an Oscar the whole world felt he deserved well before the Academy did. For voicing the importance of climate change and global warming, for using his power in entertainment to urge for better social citizenry, for never taking it for granted.
- •Priyanka ChopraFor being India's first presenter at the Oscars, for representing Southeast Asia.
- •The team of SpotlightFor their plea to the Pope, for their bravery to make the film, for depicting the importance and potential of true journalism, for speaking up.
- •Chris RockFor outdoing himself with the perfect mix of comedy and truth. For representing both sides of Black entertainers, the boycotters and the attempters. For helping the Girl Scouts.
- •The girls from Girl ScoutsFor staying calm and composed, and not at letting on about how much they are freaking out on the inside about being in the same room as the members of the film industry.
- •Peter DocterFor speaking to the confused and broken children of our society. For supporting them and urging them. For the advice to channel their emotions towards making something.