Already on li.st? Open in app.
I'm a pretty decent improviser when cooking, so it's rare I make a mistake so grave that I can't bounce back. There were, however, a few situations when I admitted defeat.
- •SkinI was grating potatoes to make a potato waffle. Using a box grater and trying to get your money's worth out of the small potatoes your CSA gave you last week means grating them to the nub - and part of my index finger along with it. For the record, it was still delicious.
- •A knifeAfter packaging up my perfect, bite sized gluten free quiches for book club, I realized to my horror that a chunk of my knife was missing. It chipped into the quiche mix. For a split second I wonder - is it worth it to play quiche roulette? I threw them away and picked up cava and orange juice instead.
- •Too much baking powderAdded double the baking powder accidentally and ended up weeping over an exploded birthday cake as I scraped vanilla bits from the inside of my tiny apartment stove.
- •An uncanny resemblance.
- •Something I don't remember.
- •Motorbikes on Mount Etna