READS OF FEBRUARY
- •Sword Dancer, Jeannie LinPowerful characterization, and vivid historical imagery makes for an engrossing read! ★★★☆☆
- •My Fair Concubine, Jeannie LinCarefully written, vivid retelling of Pygmalion ★★★☆☆
- •The Lotus Palace, Jeannie LinFresh and intriguing ★★★★☆
- •The Love that Split the World, Emily HenryWell, that was weird. And sad. ★★★☆☆.
- •Starflight, Melissa LandersA really fun plot! This would've been a four-star read, were it not for choppy, sloppy characterization. ★★★☆☆.
- •The Scorpion Rules, Erin BowWow. Just...wow. ★★★★☆.
- •The Kiss of Deception, Mary E. PearsonNot great, but has a glimmer of promise. ★★★☆☆.
- •The Heart of Betrayal, Mary E. PearsonA stronger effort than the first in this trilogy, with some beautiful turns of phrase — but still the clichés bogged it down. ★★★★☆. (Actual rating: 3.5/5)