BIRTH CONTROL QUESTIONS I'M TOO OLD TO ASK ⁉️
Okay BACKSTORY y'all: I have had an IUD for 4.5 years. Because of complications I had it removed the other day. Before the IUD I tried a lot of other types of female birth control like the pill, Nuvaring, shot, etc. and none of them were great options for me because of my chronic illness.
- •So my doctor tells me until I'm ready to commit to a new form of birth control,I'm scared to get another IUD but hated all the other ones, basically
- •I need to use "other methods"
- •So I was like, "Uh, condoms?"
- •I haven't used one since high school lol but they still work, right?TMI ‼️
- •She says, "Yes, but they have a 15% fail rate so you might wanna use something else too like gel."First of all, haven't researched it but that number doesn't seem right. Pretty sure it's closer to 5%?
- •GEL?! The fuck is that?!
- •At the look of horror on my face she says OUT OF PITY, "You might wanna do some research. We can discuss more next week."
- •I feel so silly, like I realize I have been out of the game because I have had the best birth control ever (or so I thought) but can you all school me on this gel so I'm not at the mercy of the interwebz?! 🙈👶🏻
- •Also, like, condoms are the worst but we all just use them anyway? I don't even remember just that I hated them?
- •What an adventure this will be 🍾 (pun intended)
- •Spermicidal foamYou insert it like a tamponSuggested by @k8mcgarry
- •Cervical capSuggested by @jannychan
- •Y'all are the sweetest with your help & suggestions!! I feel like I wanna know what's normal and most commonly used? Can we get Amy Schumer on the phone?