I AM AMBIVALENT ABOUT...
- •...@list going public.Am I the only one??
- •I haven't been a part of this community for very long, but what I have seen & experienced is like nothing that exists on social media.It's truly a community. There is nothing but support and encouragement on here. Nobody spamming or writing mean comments. Shaming anyone for their body or opinions. Connecting in a real way with (mostly) strangers. It's rare and pretty beautiful.
- •I'm scared how things will change.A lot of people suck, you guys. A LOT of people. I don't want to see mean comments or "fansies" stalking the celebrities. I don't want the existing members to clam up because exponentially more people are reading.
- •But then, am I just being selfish?Sure, I'd be lying if I didn't say it makes me feel really cool to be a part of the beta stage. To get to connect and share in a free, open space that most people don't even know about. I'm a cool kid! In a non-douchey way! Is that partially why I don't want to share?? Cause then it won't be special anymore?
- •ListApp is a gift.Which sounds trite, but I really think it is. I should want more people to experience it! I should be excited that the group and the ideas will expand! Think of the possibilities!
- •And of course, I'm happy for the creators.It's exciting that something they built has gotten so much positive feedback that it can find and hold a larger audience.
- •I guess what I'm saying is, I don't want to read Kim Kardashian's lists.Or maybe I do....?