MY CHILDHOOD TASTED LIKE...
- •Cold, un-toasted bagels with plain cream cheese.Eaten in the car with grainy Swiss Miss hot cocoa on the way to go skiing with my Dad. Sunday tradition.
- •Cafeteria dinner rolls with chocolate milk.This is an A+ combo from elementary school that I'm pretty sure I would still be into.
- •Oatmeal cookies.I made these with my grandmother every time I would come to my grandparents' house. The kitchen would smell like cinnamon and butter and her sweet musky perfume.
- •Cold orange slices.The halftime snack during every soccer game growing up. Eaten in the grass with numb fingers.
- •Apple pie.My mom's specialty. The inside is from The Joy of Cooking; the crust is her own invention. She taught me how to make it when I was six.
- •Kid Cuisine TV dinners.My brother and I only got these when our parents were going out for the night and we had a babysitter. Best part was going to the grocery store and picking them out.
- •Pop Tarts.Frosted strawberry or frosted cinnamon brown sugar. Toasted.
- •Scrambled eggs with ketchup.My mom would draw wobbly ketchup faces in our eggs with the squeeze bottle.