The Invention of Avocado Toast
WHY IS THIS A THING!?
- •I'm going to open this by saying that I HATE that this is considered a meal, by name alone. Avocado toast? That sounds like toast made out of avocado. You don't call it butter toast or jelly toast. It's toast, with butter or jelly.
- •Anyway, this is what I think was going through someone's head when they made it.
- •"YOU GUYS, I LIKE, NEED A NEW POST FOR MY LIFESTYLE BLOG OR WHATEVER"
- •"I LOVE GUAC BUT I ALREADY MADE POSTS ON GUAC LIKE THAT ONE ABOUT GUAC AND MARGS AND ME GETTING FELT UP AT A SENOR FROG'S"
- •"WHAT IF I LIKE, PUT GUAC ON SOMETHING ELSE I EAT, AND CALLED IT....UM..."
- •"WHAT'S IN GUAC?"
- •"AVOCADO? THAT DOESN'T EVEN SOUND LIKE GUAC BUT OKAY..."
- •"AVOCADO ON TOAST"
- •"WAIT THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE, ON BRAND. THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT MY MOM WOULD SAY #ADULTING"
- •"WHAY IF I TAKE OUT THE ON"
- •"YEAH, AVOCADO TOAST. THAT'S IT"
- •"I CAN'T WAIT TO WRITE A COOKBOOK AND IGNORE CENTURIES OF CULINARY TECHNIQUE BECAUSE #MILLENIALS"