ALL THE THINGS I DID BEFORE 11AM THIS MORNING
It feels like 4pm right now.
- •Woke up at 6am. Voluntarily.
- •Went to DAYBREAKERA morning dance party that goes from 630am. Started in New York a while ago and LA is just catching on. Perfectly suited for the crazies in Venice. Myself included. This was my second one. It was just as bizarrely fascinating as I remembered.
- •Wore a neon orange crop topI mean if you're going to a sober workout rave, why not wear a neon orange crop top?
- •Danced like I was rolling on Molly in the Sahara tent at CoachellaOnly I wasn't. I was stone-cold sober.
- •Had a conversation about Burning Man with one of my yoga teachers who I ran into at DaybreakerShe thinks I'd love it. Look lady, ass-crack-of-dawn sober raves are one thing, I don't know about setting up camp in a dust storm for a week. I have snack anxiety as it is.
- •Got really, really sweatyFrom dancing! So much pre-8am dancing!
- •Took advantage of free samplesI really took advantage, but if your free samples are regular sized things that are normally crazy-overpriced, you should anticipate this sort of behavior. Kind bars and Suja juice are hot commodities and I felt no remorse grabbing as many as my arms could carry whilst sneaking away from the poetry-reading portion of Daybreaker.
- •Ate a perfectly crispy butter croissant.So good. So flaky. And buttery. And crispy in the best way possible -- like when you get a burnt Cheez It and it tastes so much better than any Cheez It you've had before.
- •Went on a long walk through the Venice canals with a friendAfter getting to spend some hilarious morning time with her two kids, a one year old and a six year old I'm obsessed with.
- •Was told by a homeless man on the boardwalk that I was a "fine-ass lady"I'm not sure if he was referencing my ass specifically, or just like, me in general but homeless or not, it's a compliment and I'll take it!
- •Devoured a homemade breakfast burritoEgg whites, cheese, a dash of Tapatio. Simple yet delicious.
- •Made this listIt feels like late afternoon. Did that second breakfast count as lunch? When's dinner? Can I go to bed at 6pm?