REASONS I WENT OFF MY ANTI-DEPRESSANTS
According to my doctor, Fluoxetine (Prozac) has a wash out period of three weeks, which is next week. So here goes!
- •Because I went on them seven years ago and I'm a completely different person todayIn my mid-twenties I still had no idea who I was or what I wanted to be or how I would go about my life knowing these things and everything feels so different now that I've been living my life. I'm working in my chosen career path -- which also happens to be my passion -- and I think I have a little bit of a better grip on who I am now. I grew up a lot between 24 and 31. I want to see how the person I am now can do without the meds.
- •Because two of my close friends have gone off theirs recently and they're both doing wellIt's very inspiring.
- •Because I want to see what happens to things like my sex drive and how often I cry and if those things increaseAnd how hopefully those things are not related, by the way. Sex and crying are just really important things in my life, amIright laaaaaddddiieeeezzzz?
- •Because they were a life-saver I couldn't have done without them then, but I think I'm the kind of person who can figure out how to save my life without them now
- •Because I want to get back into therapyIn the past four years I stopped going to therapy regularly and I think that's fine -- I mean I went for ten years from age 12-23 and from everything I understand taking breaks and changing therapists is normal -- but if I'm not taking anti-depressants for the first time in a while, then I should DEFINITELY be going to therapy. (Side note: if any Listers in LA have any good therapist recs for Santa Monica/Venice/Brentwood/West LA, please hit me up!)
- •Because I'm pretty happySure I have my moments of despair, but it's nothing that I can't manage, and also -- who doesn't have those moments? Unfortunately I think it's a part of the package that comes with this whole human condition thing. But overall -- I'm happy. Is that the meds talking? I guess we'll find out...
- •Because I can always go back on them.💊💊💊💊