TV I WATCHED WITH MY PARENTS GROWING UP
In chronological-ish order. We didn't get cable until I was in high school.
- •The NBC Nightly News with Tom BrokawTom Brokaw is and always will be my Nightly News Anchor! He's the only other guy I think is as smart as my dad. I think they kind of look alike, but it could just be because I see them both as authority figures I admire.
- •The OlympicsHuge fans all around!
- •The Three StoogesLike the OG in black and white stooges because I think it would run on PBS or something and we had all of 5 TV channels (plus Fox on our black and white TV -- no I'm not that old, this was just Maine, so like, when was I watching TV, when I was not shoveling all that snow??? I don't think so) until I was 14 and then we upgraded to basic cable and a whopping 23 channels! But even then we still watched a lot of Larry, Curly, and Mo. It's the reason I love slapstick so much.
- •The Cosby ShowNow this makes me sad.
- •The NBASo. Much. Basketball.
- •60 MinutesSometimes I hear that clock ticking in the middle of the day for no reason and it freaks me out.
- •SeinfeldWith my dad
- •FriendsWith my mom
- •Ally McBealWith my mom, when we moved after my parents divorce and she got like, 70 new channels but most of them were bad so we kept just watching everything on Fox anyway.
- •MTV CribsThanks to one of the 70 new channels. My mom LOVED that show. So did I. I wish it would come back. Seriously.
- •The X-FilesDuh. Obv. I started watching on the previously mentioned black and white TV when I was 12 but this is listed last because my mom didn't watch it with me until the later seasons and only mostly because my room was wallpapered in show posters and I wouldn't stop talking about it ever and i think she wanted to just really know what I meant when I said I "shipped Mulder and Scully so hard!"