NY SUSHI SPOTS THAT CAN ACTUALLY SORT OF HANG WITH LA SUSHI SPOTS
OK LET'S FIGHT
- •Tanoshi Sushi10 seats around the bar, 3 seatings a night. High quality fish with little flash. Arguably the best sushi in town for the price. Unfortunately on 73rd and York. Also BYO sake.
- •Sushi DojoA $45 omakase that you would happily pay more for. Also they have a sake sommelier - a white guy that looks like he should work in a Verizon store. But he knows. his. shit.
- •15 EastSo good but SO MUCH EXPENSIVE
- •Sushi SekiOrder piece by piece and eat things like tuna with tofu sauce. Open until 4am every day but Sunday. A second dinner staple.
- •Sushi NakazawaLots of hype - Nakazawa is the guy at the end of Jiro that cries when he gets the egg custard right. Stupid expensive ($150pp) but stupid good.
- •SasabuneA serious spot for serious sushi people. Think Sushi Park. Sasabune is an Upper East Side classic.
- •KuraOn St. Marks but not a bong shop. 3 tiers of omakase pricing, but all you should concern yourself with is the cheapest option at $65. Simply very good sushi.