Allow Me to Listroduce™ Myself
I do love a good list <3
- •I'm Michael.I had serious plans as a kid to change my name to Kevin or Jeremy. You know, 'cause I'd instantly be cooler. (There's a reason you can't make decisions like that until a certain age.)
- •In December 2016, I'll be graduating with a master's degree in social work.The most valuable thing I've learned is awareness of my privilege as a white male.
- •My goal is to be a therapist.And that's about as much as I know so far. I've learned a lot in practicum this summer about substance use and addiction.
- •I'm gay. And many other things.I find the word "faggoty" ridiculously amazing. (Ex. If you only knew the half of my faggoty ways.)
- •One of my love languages is books.You know we're tight when I start recommending books. My favorite? "Tiny, Beautiful Things" by Cheryl Strayed. All the feels.
- •I'm working on being present and kind to myself.Both are challenging but so important.
- •Each of us needs all the hope and love we can find.So add a moment of goodness to the world. I'm putting some out there for you <3