A funeral... for my laptop
If I threw my laptop down the stairs it would probably be an improvement on how it works now.
- •As a freshman in college, I spent about $500 of my graduation money on a new Dell laptop
- •My dad helped me research to find the best deal.He also convinced me to get the one with the big screen so I could watch movies.
- •I liked for the first year.I lived at home and never had to bring it anywhere.
- •I was dumb and changed my password, locking myself outThe dell customer service was really helpful, it took awhile but I didn't spend 90% of the time in hold
- •My hatred for my laptop started sophomore year when I had to carry my laptop with me to classesI transferred to a different college and no longer lived at home.
- •It turns out: bigger screen= bigger laptop= a lot heavierI could barely fit it in my backpack, especially if I had my textbooks in there.
- •When I would work on it for a long period of time it would get hot then freeze or turn off.It did this a lot when I was making my sister's graduation slide show or downloading music onto itunes
- •I am on my 3rd battery and 3rd charger.My current battery only lasts about 5 minutes if it is not plugged in l.
- •It has a complicated relationship with the internet.Most of the time it has to be hooked up with the ethernet cable.
- •Now the internet doesn't want to work at all.
- •I need a new laptopI'm thinking maybe a Google Chromebook since that's what the schools in my district are using (along with macs but I don't want a mac)
- •Does anyone know what chromebooks are the best?Without breaking the bank?