I love going to my home church, and today solidified why.
- •I walk in and sit down, and I looked around to see virtually every pew full of people. This is the fullest our church has been in years.Thanks, God.
- •We sing No Longer Slaves and it all of a sudden has more meaning than ever before "I'm no longer a slave to FEAR. I am a CHILD of God."Thanks, God.
- •We sing the chorus over and over and the worship leader encourages us to put in something we are struggling with. "I'm no longer a slave to depression. I am a child of God."Thanks, God
- •We took communion, and it was an opportunity for me to recognize this new faith that's starting to take form in my life.Thanks, God.
- •I caught the tail end of a really great Worship song on the radio this week, and we sang the exact same one this morning so I could hear the whole thing for the first time. "A cross meant to kill is my victory."Thanks, God.
- •The sermon was about the "ask and knock" passage in Matthew. The pastor talked for awhile about how God wants us to ASK for help. He wants us to want his help. And I realized that through all this crap, I've never ASKED for God's help. I just expected it. Like a bratty 13-year-old girl who anxiously taps her foot, expecting someone will save her.Thanks, God.
- •Church made sense. For the first time in months.Thanks, God.