Feelings I Feel as I Help My Friend Pick Out a Wedding Dress
- •JealousyI've been waiting for this day for awhile. This is a day that I've dreamed about longer than she's known her fiancé. But I'm trying not to live vicariously through her or shop for myself when I'm here. 😁
- •Genuine happinessWe aren't like BEST friends, but seeing someone pick out a gown for the best day of their lives is amazing to experience. Also, she is gorgeous. Wedding dresses are so flattering. Like wow.
- •NostalgiaI remember when she was the girl who was picked on all throughout school. I remember when we formed a little singing group in high school. Now she is getting married. And I feel so old.
- •DisappointedJust an FYI to anyone who is going wedding dress shopping anytime soon: they don't treat you like they do on Say Yes to the Dress. Especially when you don't go to Kleinfeld. They don't want to know your whole engagement story. And you might end up standing while watching the bride. Also, there's no music set playing precisely for the moment you choose a dress.
- •ContentWeddings are stressful. And money is real. I'm still looking forward to that day, but I'm content where I am. Planning for when I am actually a fiancée and daydreaming about my "I Do"s. I'll keep accompanying friends on their days until it's my turn.