FIRST MAJOR NEWS STORY I REMEMBER LIVING THROUGH AS A CHILD
Inspired by @krmckinstry
- •So I have a vague memory of the OJ trial.I was in 2nd grade and the teacher across the hall asked my teacher to keep an eye on her class while she went to the library to watch the verdict come in on the news. She came back shocked.
- •I also remember hearing about, and not at all understanding, the JonBenet Ramsey murder.
- •But the first event that rocked my world was the death of Princess Diana.
- •My mom was (is) 100% obsessed with the Lady Di.Her porcelain Princess Diana commemorative Royal Wedding bride doll was not for me to play with, much to my dismay.
- •I saw how her death affected her sons and the country that loved her.Candle in the Wind (1997) on repeat, y'all.
- •I cried so hard watching her funeral that my mom finally had to turn off the tv.I was a sensitive child. Also it was the middle of the night so I was likely sleep-deprived.
- •But for real, that lady was a boss.