Signs That I Am Sad
Inspired by @iammeghanmurray
- •I couldn't focus on workI love my job and we're incredibly busy right now and normally I can lose myself in it. Today I only made it through a couple of unfocused hours at the office. Made sure my direct reports knew they were also welcome to take some mental health time. America needs a day off
- •I've been watching Gilmore Girls all day longTV is my escape when life is just too much and smart independent ladies seemed like the thing today
- •I had cake for breakfastWhy not right?
- •I accidentally used my favorite "best day ever" mug that I ALWAYS save for special occasions or really fantastic SaturdaysClearly I was in shock this morning because I saw it on the counter later, mocking me
- •I feel like someone is sitting on my chestYou guys feel that, right?
- •I'm being really clingy with one of my dogsI have 3 but one is especially comforting. He's my little buddy today
- •Social media is GONE for a hot minuteExcept for you guys
- •My face is leakingI've cried in earnest but also I'll just randomly feel tears rolling down my face without realizing I'm crying. I'm sad for so many reasons, mostly because I know there are people that genuinely feel fear right now. And because of what should have been. And because I dared to expect better. But thinking of how Hillary must be feeling right now keeps bringing the tears. She inspired me and she didn't deserve this.
- •Here's a lock screen idea if anyone wants one