Breakup Songs on Repeat This Week
Updated with the release of Lemonade because 🍋
- •Curse by Vicktor TaiwòThe line "my friends said that you said that you rearranged me/I wonder did I have the same effect on you" "but maybe boys my age make so many fucking mistakes"...
- •Brief Encounter by Dawn Golden"It's harder than it looks sometimes/To stand up straight and look you in the eyes/And believe in all your fucked up lies/Cause it's your world I live inside"
- •Last Train by Dawn Golden"And when you tell me you don't want me here/And you, you keep my number 'til the rent check's clear" l quit giving a fuck/And well, I don't trust you anymore"
- •Fools by Troye Sivan"I am tired of this place, I hope people change/I need time to replace what I gave away"
- •Here's to Us by Ellie Goulding...literally the song playing in my earphones when he broke up with me. "There's something in the way, love is never enough.../You had to love someone else just to know your worth"
- •I Hate U I Love U by Gnash feat. Olivia O'Brien"Feeling used/but I'm still missing you/and I can't see the end of this" "Always missing people that I shouldn't be missing/sometimes you gotta burn some bridges just to create some distance/I know that I control my thoughts and I should stop reminiscing" "When love and trust are gone/I guess this is moving on/Everyone I do right does me wrong"
- •Same Mistakes by The Echo Friendly"I make the same mistakes/Feels like I never learn/Always give way too much/For little in return/"
- •Pray You Catch Me by BeyonceThis fucking song.
- •Every song ever written by Kevin Garrett.