THINGS I FEEL COMPELLED TO FINISH
- •BooksEven when I don't like them. I will shut a movie down if I'm not into it, though (more accurately, fall asleep)
- •My husbands incomplete thoughtsEspecially if we are telling a story together. When we are alone he will often pick up a thought after 20 minutes as if no time has passed. Gotta focus up in public!!
- •DessertsDespite being full and always when it's a free Mexican restaurant sopaipillas. Ben will usually accept the sopiapilla when offered even though he doesn't like desserts much because he knows I'll eat it eventually.
- •One and a half household choresI can't really be expected to do ALL of the dishes if I've also cooked myself food, right guys? Same thing for washing/folding/putting away more than 1 load of laundry. The last load will end up spending a day or two at best in a laundry basket, more likely still in the washer.
- •ArgumentsUsually hours/days later and in the shower alone and in my own head. But I'll also complete imaginary arguments beforehand.
- •ErasingSpecifically on white boards or chalkboards and the offending mark is tiny. No man left behind. If you leave a trace behind during a presentation you have probably lost my attention.
- •Formatting documentsMidway through their completion and quickly if they contain comic sans or papyrus. What if I died mid-Word document and all I left behind was a jumble of fonts and spacing?? And why do middle aged women in my state love papyrus??
- •1 out of every 10 lists I beginMy next contenders are about weird questions I ask Ben, whether oklahoma is southern or Midwestern, words I can never successfully spell, and something very timely making fun of twilight. I might finish 2 of those and the other 20 lists will stay in my drafts folder.
- •List requestsThat was fun!