THOUGHTS FROM A 1ST TIME X-FILES VIEWER
So far we are on season 2, which only leaves 7 season and 2 full length movies to watch before the new episodes 😬
- •Some background information first...
- •I was 4 when this show started airing in 1993.My family was living in England (with the US Air Force) at that time.
- •The opening credits scared the bejesus out of me well into syndication, so I never tried to watch it.
- •Years of criminal minds, law and order, and ghost hunters gave me enough gumption to dive in.
- •Now, a log of my thoughts....
- •Why did this title sequence scare me?It looks like something a paranoid 3rd grader with limited access to Windows 95 PowerPoint put together.
- •Cars in the '90s were hideous.My husband still drives a car from the 90s, but for some reason I'd blocked out that they all looked like this.
- •Women's hair and makeup has changed a lot. They were very into the Oprah Soft Focus™ look.Very feathery with lots of soft edges and colors.
- •Good cell phones would solve a LOT of these problems.This is true of most tv shows of the era (even Friends/Seinfeld). We can catch anything on video now. I'd watch a vine of an alien abduction, but the remix would be passé. Also, the cell phones used so far are hilarious. I remember my mom having one of those
- •Sully just referenced long distance charges and a "cellular device" being "out of area". Lol.
- •Mulder and Scully are surprised way more often than they probably should be.They also fall into obvious traps. Scully doesn't seem like a good doctor so far??
- •I can't handle them describing the Internet.
- •Gillian Anderson got pregnant or something IRL, right? That's why she's gone?Wikipedia confirms.
- •I bet when the technology improves, and Vince Gilligan becomes a more frequent writer, this will be legitimately creepy.