What I Learned from Re(Binge)watching The West Wing
In a time of my life when everything is up in the air, I found comfort in the Bartlett administration. Here's what I needed to be reminded of by fictional characters in a fictional White House
- 1.Protocols for honoring authority is important.
- 2.A season of stress can make us better humans.
- 3.As long as we own up to the mistakes we sometimes make under that stress.
- 4.Walking and talking has its place.
- 5.Women are intelligent & amazing.
- 6.And we can own a room, position, and authority.
- 7.Call out the BS you see around you
- 8.Some of us just don't need to be extroverts & sparkle machines.
- 9.We do better when we work together.
- 10.Keep asking the important question.