Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •"Dejá que la vida te atraviese" Gabriel Jefferies.
Some of my friends have worked in one of the most amazing astronomic centers. They all work for startups in San Francisco now. So now that they are normal again, weather decided to explain how astronomy fucks our lives sometimes. And we do not know about it.
- •"Cosmic rays happen to YOU too. So when your photoshop suddenly shuts down (usually before saving your best creation) there's a real chance that it was a cosmic ray sent by they universe (and not layer 8 -which is basically you-). " Think about it next time you don't find a reason for losing work.
- •Layer 9: lawyers. (That's their kind of jokes. I actually find it funny. You need to understand layer 8 first).
- •"Cosmic rays are also responsible for your email landing in an address you didn't want. This is currently happening thousands of times a day". Problem is that normal bosses do not know this fact. You might sound weird if you use this as an excuse but it's real.
Never thought I would be doing a list like this
- •Pride is a sense of worth derived from something that is not part of us, while self-esteem derives from the potentialities and achievements of self. We are proud when we identify ourselves with an imaginary self, a leader, a holy cause, a collective body of possessions. There is fear and intolerance in pride;
- •The less promise and potency in the self, the more imperative is the need for pride. The core of pride is self-rejection.
- •The maintenance of self-esteem is a continuous task that taxes all of the individual’s power and inner resources. We have to prove our worth and justify our existence anew each day.
While many people think of entrepreneurship as pure freedom, no bosses and flexibility, it has been the journey in my life where I've needed the highest and most strict amount of discipline. Control is the new freedom for many entrepreneurs. Or it might be that I'm just getting older.
- •Waking up at 6:30 am every day for 40 days.
- •Meditating for 12 mins after waking up. Before going to sleep.
- •Reading one article a day that is not related to startup or work.
Probably one of the best photographers in the world, was a nanny. Her talent remained in boxes. Until today.
- •Could someone today be so talented and so private at the same time? Can world class talent be secret?
- •Did she know how good she was.
- •If she didn't. How many Vivians are out there. I'd she did. How many Vivians are out there.