Things your teacher prep classes never taught you
Because pedagogy is great until you break up a fight about ginger ale. More as I think of them.
- •Always have band aids in your desk.The goofy kids ones.
- •Start exercising early.If you stress eat, your first year will have you spending a bunch of money on clothes.
- •Don't wear anything to school you don't want chalk on.
- •Cleaning supplies. All of them.
- •It is okay for your lessons to sometimes just be okay.No one is a master teacher every day.
- •Filing systems. Pick one.This includes files on computers. Mine is: 051416 f1c8 vocab = date, class and chapter, brief description.
- •How to organize a seating chart when eight students are talkers and twelve have preferential seating.Or any other combination of needs/behaviors.Suggested by @e
- •How to unjam a copier in the last 3 minutes of your plan time.Bonus points for changing the toner.Suggested by @kates08