SONGS THAT MAKE MY FATHER GET MISTY-EYED WHEN HE'S DRUNK, EXPLAINED
Michael Cady is a damaged devil
- 1."A Pirate Looks at 40" | Jimmy BuffettReminds him of getting old and dying. Specifically that Jimmy Buffett and the rest of the baby boomers will die and this earth will be inherited by half-men like his two "sons."
- 2."Hotel California" | The EaglesReminds him of being trapped by one's own demons. The water works start during the guitar solo
- 3."Dirty Work" | Steely DanProbably reminds him of how he cheated on my mom
- 4."The Sound of Silence" | Simon & GarfunkelReminds him of "The Graduate" and the cruel uncertainty of life. Also affairs. He knows a thing or two about those
- 5."Hey Jude" | The BeatlesSupposedly written for John Lennon's son in the wake of his parents divorce following an affair with Yoko. Who does that remind you of, Michael?
- 6."Dreams" | Fleetwood MacReminds him of the good ole days of sleeping around with your friend's lovers. When did society get so square?
- 7."Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" | Elton JohnHe is a lawyer who has sons. That's enough to make him get misty when he's fucked up