Little things that happened that reminded me I live in New York City.
For context I lived in California most of my life. I lived in the LES of Manhattan in New York for 14 months from 2013-2014.
- •Got yelled at a pizza and a bagel place for not knowing exactly what I wanted as soon as I got up to the counter.
- •Answering a million questions about why I left California for New York.
- •Walked into Saks Fifth Ave and saw a men's tie for sale for $2000
- •Asking for sourdough bread and having the guy at the counter have no idea what I was talking about.
- •Asking for avocado on anything.
- •Finding out how amazing russian dressing is on sandwiches, particularly with rye bread.
- •Getting way too much chopped lettuce on my sandwich pretty much everywhere.
- •Still Shopping while waiting in the checkout lines at Trader Shoes.Google Image it.
- •Learning to carry cash because most bars have a minimum credit card limit.
- •Paying $8 for the smaller box of cheerios.Always buy the store brand.
- •Always having $1 to buy a coffee at the stands in the morning.