THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THIS CABERNET FRANC
It's a 2012 Oak Knoll District Cab Franc, from Trefethen Family Vineyards. I am drinking it right now.
- •It's light bodiedSure, maybe not everyone likes light bodied wines. In fact, lots and lots and lots of people love the big, full structure of a tannic Cab Sauv or Syrah. But as a Pinot Noir lover, a light red that trips along my palate is my cup of... well, wine.
- •It's acidicSharp. Tangy. This would go great with a meal. I should probably eat something.
- •It smells like pieBaking spices and berry fruit. Red berries, in particular. Like the smell of a raspberry pie in the oven. There're other notes on the nose, but I keep coming back for that pie scent. Damn!
- •The winery was hit hard by the 2014 Napa quake, but they aren't giving upNot even close. The people at Trefethen can't welcome you into their historic quake-damaged main building, until it's fixed. But they will still welcome you in and treat you like family. Good eggs, the lot of them.
- •I'm probably going to drink the whole goddamned bottleSo, yeah, I should probably eat something.