BEST INDEPENDENT LONDON BOOKSHOPS
A few of my favourite shops from a failed bookshop owner and forever bookshop lover.
- •John SandoeJust off Sloane Square and recently expanded. The most well-read staff in the city.
- •London Review BookshopGreat selection and excellent cafe
- •Daunt BooksClassic bookshop with a few locations around London. Also regular schedule of author events. The Marylebone shop is perfect for extended browsing.
- •HatchardsA London institution since 1797. Two locations. Immense history sections.
- •FoylesFamily owned since 1903 and recently moved and renovated, you can find little bit of everything. Great baked goods in the cafe too.