Abraham Lincoln Woke Me Up:
- •I wake up often in the middle of the night.
- •I don't know why, but I do.
- •Luckily, it's only for small moments of time and I fall back asleep easily.
- •Usually, when this happens, I wake up with random thoughts.Sometimes they're not random. Sometimes they're things that happened during the day. Most of the time though, I have no idea where they come from.
- •One night I woke up thinking about cats. Furry cats, striped cats, fuzzy cats.I don't own a cat.
- •Another night, I woke up thinking about Adam Baldwin's monologue from the 1980 movie, My Bodyguard.It's one of my favorite pieces of dialogue and My Bodyguard happens to be one of the rare movies in which Adam Baldwin cries. I don't know why the thought of this scene had to wake me up, though.
- •Recently, I woke up ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED that Abraham Lincoln died... 151 years ago.I cried a little bit thinking about our 16th president. Now I know how Walt Whitman felt, I guess.
- •Anyways, later that day I started to wonder if we'll ever feel that way about a president again. Future presidents, I mean.Will anybody, 151 years from now, wake up in the middle of the night crying because President Trump died?
- •I don't really know where this list is going but, man, Abraham Lincoln was a good guy.